Saturday, 23 August 2008

Catz

Not since Amos have we had what I would call a real cat. There was Jesse that was a stray found at the New Plymouth Baptist Church but she was never a true convert - just a royal visitor to the Bonnevie hotel for daily food and sleep.

Anyway, I answered an Englishman's ad for 'please love my cats' - as his family are leaving Cambodia. A good cat has got to be good for a healing home - so we took a trip to meet Hope and Feisty. They moved in on Thursday.

Hope is a prowler and a yowler. Her main redeeming feature is her love of delivering rat remnants to ones' feet (I am promised). She is an outside cat who disappeared on Friday - to turn up bedraggled and protesting when the rains hit later that afternoon.


An unhappy Hope on day one - looking thru' barred windows

Feisty is a real cat - I'm told a Tonkanese, as in half Siamese, half Burmese. She is a big affectionate cruiser. Her name speaks of her kitten-hood. We'll look at a baptism and a re-name I think. Her new home by day is Chantol's bed.

Life's a bed - Feisty in new home mode

No comments: