Friday, 17 October 2008

Sueless days

I'm back! Air Asia has done it's thing like clockwork and I'm writing from Phnom Penh once again. Susie is staying on in NZ for longer, spending great time with her great mum. It is a good decision and we are glad that we have chosen this way. Sue will get here when she gets here - which reminds me of a fun sign outside a restaurant we went to in New Plymouth: "All you can eat for as much as it costs".

Sue and her mum at the rest home

The trip back was made much more enjoyable by overnighting in Brisbane with Jason and Julia Hamilton-Smith, and going out to dinner with them and ....


Dave and Melody drove down through a crunching hail-storm to be at the dinner - and Kara just happened to be in Brisbane with her job that evening. It was such a fun evening. Next (very early) morning Julia took me all the way through to Gold Coast airport. 'Only for you, Kim' she reckons. Thanks a zillion, Julia!

I've not got to the Healing Home yet. It was tea time when I pulled in - one of the best tuk-tuk rides I've experienced. The vehicle was so wasted that it came with a built-in foot and butt massage. I quickly realised why this nice fella was so keen to take my offered price when others turned away.

So, tomorrow will be re-orientation day. I just hope that everyone likes Nurse Kim ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,

We can't wait to get back to PP as well. Look forward to seeing you next year.

Did Keitha and Sue co-ordinate their outfits that day or is Sue just a chip-off-the-old-block?????
Don't they look lovely in their blue pants, tourquoise tops and white cardies!?!

Marty and Robyn