Saturday, 22 November 2008

Fruit of the land

Jackfruit coming on stream. This is delicious - and each fruit can weigh 5kg or more.

We are watching our fruit trees with anticipation. So are our neighbours - in fact they watch our mango tree near the front gate with long poles in their hands when they think we are not watching! I put that down to sowing and reaping from my childhood ....


A nice little bunch of mangos - these are a little safer from our neighbours as they're in the tree outside the kitchen.



These fellas we still have to be introduced to. The tree looks like a pawpaw but I think that they are a bit different.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmm

Can I come back in a couple of weeks.
Looks too yummy and I am sooo... missing the beautiful tropical fruit. Not the same from a can.

Missing you guys as well of course.
Looking forward to seeing you next year, all going according to plan.

Blessings

Robyn and Marty