Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Teeth central

I like to drop into Centre of Peace Orphanage once a month and have a catch-up time with Bhopal. Always, I come away inspired and blessed. Last month it was the little mites singing their hearts out to the Lord that so moved me (see blog). This week - wow!


A team of 33 dentists from Korea were spending their last day in Cambodia checking the teeth of every one of the 70 children at COP. The front yard was completely covered in tables, equipment and green-coated Korean folk. It is brilliant to see people coming to this nation to give their skills away to bless the poor.


Happy kids waiting. It is all organised with every child given a numbered card. Their happy expectation is not what you usually see prior to a visit at the dentist. It reminded me a wee bit of the 'Farside' cartoon, where one dog is excitedly telling another 'Hooray, hooray, tomorrow I am going to the vet to get tutored' ...

No comments: