Monday, 9 August 2010

Going AWOL

If the blog goes quiet for 10 days, that is because we are off-line. In a couple of hours Sue and I head to the airport, enroute to Myanmar.

Once, long ago when we were very young, Sue and I visited Myanmar (then called Burma). We spent time in four other nations of SE Asia at that time, too. Myanmar was the nation that gripped my heart the most. I still remember having a strong impression on our flight out of that country, that we would return in the future. That future is 30 years later!

We will be meeting Phil Howan and his daughter Olivia, together with Antonie and Jennifer Eggink (all Kiwis) upon arrival. Phil and Antonie have been there fairly recently and will be our connectors to church leaders and various ministries. Our time there kicks off with a three-day pastors conference.

Cambodia is so close to Myanmar - two flights of one hour each (Phnom Penh - Bangkok; Bangkok - Yangon). In the next ten days I am eager to test the waters for long-term relationships in the future. Establishing Healing Homes within that nation is one of my dreams.

No comments: