Sunday, 26 September 2010

Flipping out

I think Susie and I are a little tired. It has been a full and rewarding eight months + back in Cambodia, following a NZ Christmas and all the fun associated with Kara and Josh's wedding. Stuff that we usually cruise over has been wearing us a bit lately, especially the level of inconsideration of others. There's been a few promises made to our patients by individuals and organisations that results in them being continually let down with no communication as to what happened. I think that, before I move into nose-bending mode, we may need a wee break.

Yesterday we went shopping for holiday essentials - snorkelling gear! I'm so looking forward to this time coming up that I plan to go to bed in these new pyjamas tonight!

Happily, many months ago my good friends in Air Asia knew that this would be the case . For the price of a bus ticket around the North Island, we are winging our way to Perth next week. On the way we have 4 days in Malaysia on an island that promises us giant lizards on land and sea turtles in the water. To say that we are looking forward to floating over coral reefs in fish heaven would certainly be an understatement.

Marty and Robyn have beaten us to the beach. They are taking 10 days off in Vietnam right now. Last I heard, it took them half an hour to cross the road in Saigon - the traffic was so volumous. The Healing Home will actually close for 6 days during our absence, as it is annual ghost festival time again. All our staff have a well-earned decent break too!

No comments: