Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Six months in the saddle

The born-in-2006-bought-in-2007 Spider machine has just ticked over 20,000k's.  95% of those wee miles have been spent riding all over Phnom Penh.  Scary stuff, thinking that I could have almost gone clean around Australia (that would be 24,150km, Google educates me) with those k's; or to Wellington, NZ and back.  I would be very lucky to average 20kmh travelling in this city so number-crunching on a 40-hour working week basis has me sitting on this little steed for 6 months of these last four and a half years!


Happy birthday to the faithful machine - today I finally got a round tuit and have given the Spider a new chain and sprockets.  These footpath mechanics have Kiwi can-do aptitude; this young guy worked with care and skill.  

No comments: