Sunday, 17 June 2012

How to meet a journo

You never know what is around the corner out here.  On Tuesday, it was a car that was hesitating, then moving.  The driver was a very nice bloke who was a journalist.  He had studied in the USA and worked in Hungary. I had the honour of paying to improve his little Corolla.  Panel and paint happened the same day.  Nobody was hurt - just a few scrapes and bruises on the Spider moto driver.  It is not in my interests to reveal who that was.


The most fun was in the un-bending of my trusty steed.  I needed it before the un-bending process could commence, so I was mounted on a crab for a bit.  Then, the trick was to find the busiest fix-it place near me, and make some more new friends.

These 'fix-it-on-the-footpath' guys are good.  A mama ran the show, pad in hand as she kept a running total of all the motos that have met similar experiences.  Stripped down, forks straightened, plastic welding on the guards, front wheel made round again, tweak a few things.  Two hours; twenty bucks. 

No comments: