Thursday, 6 May 2010

God speaking

What is quietly happening in the lives of the people we get to work with often astounds us. Take little Sreyda for example, a young lady who came to us over three months ago with really bad pressure sores. She became paralysed from the waist down in an accidental fall. Basically abandoned, she was a skin-and-bones wasted woman when discovered by an NGO group in the province.

The change in this lady has been wonderful. She has gained weight, has embraced a muscle-building exercise regime and has fully come to Jesus. Earlier this week when we gave an opportunity for testimonies, she shared the following:

'I never knew how to pray but last week God taught me to pray. When I was praying He told me 'try harder and you will be able to do it'. So I tried harder ....' and now she is doing stuff she never could do before; turn herself over; sit up on the edge of the bed by herself and very nearly get herself from her bed into her wheelchair by herself.

Sreyda in the tuktuk outing during Khmer New Year last month

Kov, our little Tigger bouncing kid, also testified that same morning. He said that he had been praying and praying a lot (I understood that this meant over many days) and then he said 'Jesus told me that my liver is healed; not to worry any more'. There was like an awesome shine on his countenance as he was talking. He's been given an all clear from TB also. Bunthorn who teaches Kov every day said this morning 'he is really different now'. Go, God!!


No comments: