Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Love you like my brother

We have moved Bunthorn's class from the open-air into the shed, where motor scooters, garden tools and assorted stuff collects. He is much happier with this arrangement as he says the kids focus much better.

Classroom, Healing Home style. With Chinese New Year happening now, we have some kids away. Bunthorn has settled on teaching one class over two hours daily (9-11am) and, when he can, spending extra tuition time with just a few kids like Choryee in the afternoon.

Running a class every day has certainly added a new dynamic to the home. The kids are settling in well but whenever they are in the yard, they only know one volume! I was wondering to myself today - is there any gratefulness at all in their little hearts for what Bunthorn is pouring in? - or do they just grab and take.

My answer was not long in coming. After running an extra afternoon class today, he sat down and unwound with me. In the conversation he told me how one of the little ones had given him a card today. Inside she had written - 'Teacher, I love you - like my brother'.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is sooooo... cool.
He looks a natural doesn't he. I'm so pleased it's all working out. Go Bunthourn. Say hi to him for us.

You know with a bit of Kiwi ingenuity you could probably build a leanto/carport out the front of the school and still have somewhere dry to keep a few things undercover.

Blessings from us.