Saturday, 28 July 2007

Sokhun follow-up; amazing God

I came home to a very excited Sue after returning from my morning at the forum this morning. She had gone to see Sokhun at the hospital this morning, together with Te Awamutu Sue and Visna from Hagar. Sokhun is receiving excellent care and the room is clean and well kept. The ward is actually run by Medicine Sans Frontiers.

Sharing Sokhun's room are two other ladies - both with fungating cancerous breast tumours. One of the patients heard the girls talking with Sokhun and said that 'I have heard about Jesus but I do not know Him. Please tell me more about Him'. Vishna led her to the Lord in the little room in a real and powerful way. Polpal has no family. They were all killed under Pol Pot. She cried and cried as she talked about her life. Sue said that the Lord really did move on her life.

So, now there are two reasons to keep following up on Sokhun! Polpal's final words were 'please, come back and visit me some more'.

No comments: