Thursday, 13 September 2007

Postes Resantes el pronto


We received our first 'real mail' yesterday, as in the stamped envelope variety. Kara sent her mum a birthday card to the Phnom Penh post office - posted 20 August; arrived 24 August. Faster than an Aussie camel - just took me a whole lot longer to make the journey to the PO.

Uplifting the mail is hard case. A very disinterested lady behind the counter handed me a box of mail - and promptly wandered off. I was free to help myself to any mail I wanted - a great way to bolster a stamp collection or collect post cards! So, the system does work - but maybe not recommended for transporting $100 notes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I must love you! I can't even begin to tell you how much my arms AND my bank account hurt from all the shots I just had!

xox

Kim and Sue Bonnevie said...

I feel your manifold pain, dearest daughter ...