Wednesday, 26 September 2007

Samdy

Samdy (pronounced Sam-a-dee) is one of the pastors on staff here at New Life Fellowship. He's a young guy with a most excellent spirit, a working brain and a sincere love for God.

The first Sunday we were in Phnom Penh, this young man really stood out to me. I had no idea who he was - just that he was a 'good 'un' (as Chris Lee would say). So, much was my delight when Samdy turns out to be in the morning small group that Mark and Jo (the Aussies from CCC Whitehorse, Melbourne) asked me to be involved in.

Samdy has spoken the last two Sundays, on the subject of fasting. He is a little fella on a good day. I could not help but notice that there was less of him on week two than on week one of these well researched and thought through messages.

I received such clarity on something last week - that the future belongs to those of a different spirit. It has been a Word that marks me. The future of Cambodia belongs to those of a different spirit. Those of the 'same same' (common expression here) spirit have no progressive future - they are in a holding pattern until they die.

Samdy is one of the new generation - a man of a different spirit. Please remember him.

No comments: