Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Fishing boat

Ever since Mike Brewer took me to sea off Urenui, NZ in his 2.4 metre inflateable last month, I have realised how much I miss the bite of a good fish on the line. It may have been a small boat but the fish were non the wiser - they just kept falling into the fish bin

So, I was one happy fella when I pulled into the petrol station today and saw a boat with great fishing potential get towed in. 'Royals Royce' was emblazoned all over the very flash tow vehicle - and the boat. She was perhaps 9 metres of James Bond machine, with enough rocket-looking propulsion units on the stern to run the Titanic into an iceberg. Very nice ... but no flat surfaces for a good bait board. I'll stick with the Mike unit.

Toys for rich boys - just what can this machine be used for on the Mekong??

No comments: